Monday, March 2, 2015

Top 10 Trend Predictions of 2015

As I was watching the HGTV 2015 Dream Home show today I started thinking about what some of the trends were going to be this year. Even though I am more interested working in commercial design I still like to know the latest trends are for residential. I came across the Top 10 Trend Predictions of 2015 and really liked the list so I thought I'd share with you. My favorite trend of this year would have to be the black window sashes. The black trim draws your attention to the beautiful molding and to the leafy trees outside.

What's your favorite trend prediction of 2015?

1. Big Comfy Sectionals 
 A big family room demands a big sectional, this one is covered in plush Glant Island chenille, in one of dozens of shades of gray designer Marshall Watson used throughout this Naples, Florida, house.
2. The deep blue

3. Old table, Mod seats

4. Black Window Sashes
Built in bench seating at kitchen eat-in area

5. Vintage Tubs
I like the curtain. There are great ideas here. Plants LOVE a bathroom with a window! Remember stained glass in the bathroom.
6. Libraries as Decor

7. Pale Driftwood Finishes

8. A Taste of the Hive

9. Four-Poster Beds

10. The Statement Light

www.details.com/culture-trends/home-interiors/201412/interior-design-trends-2015?slide=2#/slide=2

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the latest residential trends of this year. I feel like the overall trends have some touches of the retro style. Personally, I would like to live in a house designed like "A taste of the Hive" with white brick walls, wooden ceilings, and some interesting furniture to fill the space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These trends are spot on. I really like that big, comfy sofas are trending. For such a comfortable piece, the oversized sofa can look amazing in a room designed around it. I agree with you, though, black window sashes are amazing and I would love to incorporate them into my designs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great that you mentioned how important it is to care about both commercial and residential design. They both relate and are essential.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is really interesting. I am excited to see all of these trends in the commercial and residential spaces. Statement lights have been trending for awhile, but manufacturors are creating more innovative fixtures; that will be interesting to see as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These trends are great! I love the big, comfy sofas because they allow for so much seating and promote conversation as well as relaxation. I also love the black window sashed and the deep blue.

    ReplyDelete
  6. .....Can we combine them all? I'm loving the deep blue with the vintage tub and driftwood! You've also sparked an HGTV obsession in me today, and I'm currently drooling over all of the dream homes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think most of these can be applied to all areas of design, minus the beds and tubs. This is important to me because I feel that there is a commercial design trend to make spaces more "homey". By looking at residential trends we can emulate some of the comfy, relaxing, color, and other trends to make commercial spaces more pleasing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Something to think about...I would stay away from the black/dark window sashes - they are permanent. It is fairly inexpensive to change furniture, paint a room/beams, change flooring - but changing out window sashes is very expensive especially if the window is not a standard size. Window sashes/frames are now vinyl or aluminum - not easily, if at all paint-able. In a lot of older homes, people painted their window sashes - and ended up painting the windows shut. From a designer stand point - I would stay away from recommending the dark sashes but the final decision is up to the client.

    ReplyDelete